Warranty – Prefinished Wood
Limited Warranty – Prefinished Wood Door & Entryways
Clark Hall Doors and Windows offers Prefinished Wood Door and entryways designed to offer lasting value and beauty for your home. This warranty is effective for all prefinished wood doors, sidelights, entry systems (“product”) sold by Clark Hall Doors and Windows on or after January 1, 2013 for use in the United States. Any previous warranties will continue to apply to door products sold by us prior to this date. We warrant that, subject to the conditions and exclusions stated below, each prefinished wood door, or its glass or wrought iron will be free from defects in material and workmanship which would render the product unfit for normal and recommended use and service when installed in the continental USA. This warranty covers defects which become evident during the period outline below, provided that the owner gives written or electronic notice of the defects to Clark Hall Doors and Windows, 3034 Griffith Street, Charlotte, NC 28203, within the applicable time period. This warranty constitutes the sole and exclusive warranty offered by Clark Hall Doors and Windows.
Wood Doors with Finish
Clark Hall Doors and Windows offers a limited warranty for one (1) year for all prefinished product from the date of purchase; this warranty assuring that each product, for this period, is of good material and workmanship and free from defects that would render the product unserviceable or unfit for the ordinary, recommended use.
The following shall not be considered defects in material or workmanship, and are not covered by this warranty:
- Warp of up to ¼” in any plan of the door for any 6’8” tall door and up to 36” wide. Warp of up to ½” in any plan of the door for doors taller than 6’8” and up to 8’ tall and up to 42” wide. Wood doors wider and/or taller are not warranted against warp.
- Normal wear of the door, natural variation in wood color or texture, and the physical appearance of the door, including the appearance of the finish or fading of the stain color are not covered.
- Glass breakage or glass damage for any reason.
- Damage caused beyond the control of Clark Hall Doors and Windows, including by not limited to damage caused by misuse, abuse, accident or mishandling or by fire, flood, earthquake, hurricane, storm, tornado, or other acts of nature. In addition, water penetration from a water hose or sprinkler systems is not covered. Leakage in any door around a “speakeasy” door opening is not covered, or damage resulting from the installation of a storm door with the Clark Hall wood door.
- Damage resulting from trimming the bottom and/or top rail of the door and/or reducing the width of the door.
- Panel movement or shrinkage. Damage caused by failure to comply with installation, maintenance, and warranty information provided by Clark Hall Doors and Windows, failure to perform normal maintenance, or by attempts other than by an authorized representative of Clark Hall Doors and Windows to repair the door.
- Damage resulting from exposure due to installation in an unprotected opening, such as an installation without sufficient roof overhang protection, which causes the door to be exposed to an excessive amount of direct sunlight and/or precipitation. Minimum sufficient roof overhang may be defined as a distance of not less than one half of the height elevation measured from the bottom of the door to the bottom of the overhang at the point that the overhang is furthest from the door or entry. The width of the overhang and/or placement and size of the entry way sidewalls are also very important to adequately protect the entryway. Depending upon the installation application, this overhang may need to be greater than this minimum overhang.
Clark Hall Doors and Windows does not warrant any product against glass breakage or glass damage for any reason. Insulated glass provided with a Clark Hall Door unit, for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase, is warranted against any material obstruction of vision through the panel due to accumulation of dust, moisture, or film on the internal surface of the glass caused by failure of the glass panel’s edge seal due to defects in material or workmanship, under normal conditions. This warranty shall be void a) if the insulated glass unit is installed in high moisture environments (such as green houses or swimming pool enclosures, or b) if film, shades, blinds, a storm door, or foreign materials are used on or near the surface of the glass unit.
Claims Procedure and Limit on Remedies
All warranty claims must be presented as outline above, within the warranty period. Upon validation by Clark Hall Doors and Windows of any warranty claim, we will, at our option:
- Repair the door;
- Provide a replacement part or parts for the door;
- Provide a replacement door; or
- Refund the purchase price.
We reserve the right to inspect any product that is alleged to be defective.
THIS CONSTITUES THE PURCHASER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER ANY CLAIM OR THEORY OF LIABILITY. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY ARE EXCLUDED. CLARK HALL DOORS AND WINDOWS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LABOR COST OR ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH AN ALLEGED BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY OR NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF CLARK HALL DOORS AND WINDOWS. IN NO EVENT SHALL CLARK HALL DOORS AND WINDOWS PAY FOR THE COST OF LABOR, INSTALLATION, REMOVAL, DISPOSAL OR FINISHING OF A REPLACEMENT OR ORIGINAL DOOR OR GLASS PANEL, ALL OF WHICH SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON MAKING THE WARRANTY CLAIM.